Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
– Lao Tzu –
Pulling everything together and completing the look, this IS the greatest. This fine scarf of LOVE always enhances and illuminates your wardrobe. Without this final piece, everything else appears separate, almost lonely. But when you put this on, you are like a cohesive, curated and styled vision. The seventh of seven new outfits for your wardrobe is the binding, glorious king of all–LOVE.
This one is so special that when you wear this, you start to feel like you’ve owned it before–like it’s an old friend. You start to feel braver, stronger, more whole. Do you know why? Because this piece–LOVE–is always a part of you. It fits so perfectly, that once you start wearing it, you don’t ever want to take it off.
- originally the word came from the Old English lufu “love, affection, friendliness,” and from other Germanic roots liubi (joy), lob (praise), liufs (dear, beloved).
- has roots in Awhab (Hebrew) “to have affection for”; Agape (Greek) “unconditional love” (such as a parent has for a child); Phileo (Greek) “affection and fondness” or “affection for an intimate thing”
- is similar to (in variation of meanings) deep affection, fondness, tenderness, warmth, intimacy, attachment, endearment; devotion, adoration, doting, idolization, passion, desire, lust, yearning, compassion, care, caring, regard, solicitude, concern, friendliness, friendship, kindness, charity, goodwill, sympathy, kindliness, altruism, unselfishness, philanthropy, benevolence, fellow feeling, and humanity.
- is NOT jealous, boastful, proud, rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of wrongs. It is never glad about injustice.
- rejoices whenever the truth wins out, never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- binds all of the virtues in perfect unity.
- is patient, kind, humble, gentle, forgiving, and compassionate.
- is the greatest virtue of them all.
- saturates the brain with chemicals and hormones that produce emotions of pleasure, obsession, and attachment.
Give YOURSELF Love today by:
- caring for your one and only self! In body, mind, and spirit–you know the deal–eat and move to enhance your one and only body, take time to pause and reflect, do the things that make you lose track of time, play a little bit longer with your children, just hang out with your spouse or significant other doing the things you enjoy.
- laughing out loud! Laughing comes from joy, which is part of the reward of loving.
- practicing gratitude, appreciating your unique life for each step of the journey–good and bad–that has formed it.
Give OTHERS (I’m talkin kids & family members, too!) Love today, by:
- accepting those who are the last people you may think of showing love to. Do good to them and give to them without expecting to get anything back. (Then your reward will be great… Luke 6:35)
- looking closely at your neighbors–at home, work, play, in public–anything you can do to show them some love?
- remembering that the way of truth and love have always won throughout history, so, when in doubt, take the loving route, not the hateful one.
Maybe you can share the GIVING CARD with someone?
[If you missed the start of the week: (Wardrobe of Virtues: 7 Days of New Clothes), check it out now and download your FREE Wardrobe of Virtues: VIRTUE CARDS (download now), GIVING CARDS (download now), SMARTPHONE LOCK SCREEN GRAPHIC (download now).]
clothes yourselves with
and overall put on LOVE.
[adapted from Colossians 3:12-14]
REFERENCES: I referred to a few websites and books in writing of this post: the holy bible, YouVersion bible app, google definitions, http://tinybuddha.com/blog/5-ways-to-feel-more-love-compassion-for-yourself-and-others/, https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hide-and-seek/201204/the-origins-love, http://www1.cbn.com/loving-others, http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=love, http://www.theopedia.com/love, http://www.livescience.com/43395-ways-love-affects-the-brain.html.